One more step
Please complete the security check to access www.fabthemes.co
Why do I have to complete a CAPTCHA?
Completing the CAPTCHA proves you are a human and gives you temporary access to the web property.
What can I do to prevent this in the future?
If you are on a personal connection, like at home, you can run an anti-virus scan on your device to make sure it is not infected with malware.
If you are at an office or shared network, you can ask the network administrator to run a scan across the network looking for misconfigured or infected devices.
Club Runner of the Year
Here’s the latest Runner of the Year for 2015 to the end of February.
Note that only results from races appearing on the club news page are included in the Runner of the Year and Rankings list.
If you’d like your result to be included please make sure you email details of the race winners time and your result & other Otley members running to firstname.lastname@example.org
A brief explanation for 2015:
- The Runner of the Year (RoY) is an award presented to the best all-round athlete in the club irrespective of age or sex
- After another interesting and competitive Runner of the Year in 2014, it has been decided to keep the format roughly the same for 2015
- However the Committee are still of the opinion that the Park Runs have too much influence on the final outcome
- Again this year there will be three races in the main categories plus an extra category for the Park Runs of which you may only count one score
- Races have not been pre-selected so can be planned to suit each individual
- An equal emphasis has been adopted for off-road and road races.
The races are divided into 6 categories:
- Off-road with a distance of up to and including 10k
- Off-road with a distance of over 10k
- Open road races with a distance of up to and including 10k
- Open road races with a distance of over 10k
- Park Run / Chevin runSunday – One race may count
- Track – One of the two Club track races may count.
Off-road includes cross-country, trail and fell races. All the cross-country races would be in category 1.
Members may submit any races that fall into these categories.
10 RACES to count with at LEAST ONE RACE IN EACH of the OFF-ROAD and ROAD CATEGORIES (CATEGORIES 1 TO 4).
Categories 5 and 6 are optional.
PLEASE NOTE CHANGE FOR 2013:- 10 races out of a maximum of 14 to count. Remember only 1 track event and 1 Park Run/Chevin runSunday can count.
No Harrogate District Summer Race League or veterans-only races to count.
Results must be posted on the Otley AC website stating:
Date, type of race (eg trail, fell, road), winner’s official time and your official time.
PLEASE SUPPORT THIS COMPETITION
Points are awarded on the following basis:
Your personal time as a percentage of the winner’s time. This is then multiplied by an age/sex related factor.
For example: on 25th January 2013, the Mythical 10km race took place…
Name – Time – Percentage of Winner’s Time – Age/Sex Factor – Points
Ben Runner (aged 35) – 31.00 – 100% – 1.0286 – 102.9
James Jackson (aged 30) – 34.30 – 89.9% – 1.0084 – 90.6
Kate Harrismith (aged 65) – 40.00 – 77.5% – 1.4803 – 114.7
plus the winners for the earlier years were:
|2021||2010||Mick Jeffrey||1999||Julian Mawson|
|2020||2009||Tom Hannah||1998||Ian Fisher|
|2019||2008||Ian Fisher||1997||Ian Fisher|
|2018||2007||Ian Fisher||1996||Tony Allen|
|2017||2006||Ian Fisher||1995||Peter James|
|2016||2005||Ian Fisher||1994||Joan Cubbon|
|2015||2004||Kath Robertshaw||1993||Malcolm Pickering|
|2014||Mark Hall||2003||Ian Fisher||1992||Ian Fisher|
|2013||Scott Harrington||2002||Mark Hall||1991||Ian Fisher|
|2012||Mick Jeffrey||2001||Ian Fisher||1990||Malcolm Pickering|
|2011||Mick Jeffrey||2000||Mark Hall||1989||Mick Jeffrey|