Add to Calendar
March 1, 2020 @ 11:30 am
- Sunday 1st March 2020
- Under FRA Rules
- Race starts at 11.30am
- AS (Category A, Short) fell race – 8km, 401m climb
- Age 16+ (16 on the day of the race)
- Demanding course (see description and course map)
ER – Experience Required, PM – course part-marked. GPS allowed.
- Records – 35:31 Simon Bailey 2004; 42:03 Emma Clayton 2014
- Start from near Wells Road, Ilkley GR 115470, nearest postcode LS29 9RF but do approach via Ilkley not over Keighley Gate Road by car.
- Limit of 500 runners. EOD only if entry limit not reached.
- Online entry £6.00 provided by Sports Entry Solutions from 1 Jan
- Entry on the day £10.00 subject to availability
- Race number collection from 10am on the day. U18 runners who have entered online must bring a completed FRA entry form to demonstrate that they have approval from a parent/guardian.
- Any runner deciding to abandon after they have picked up their number must notify the race organiser as soon as possible.
- The FRA Safety Requirements for fell races require thay you bring full FRA safety kit to the race. Based on previous years, most likely you will have to carry a waterproof top, but you may also have to carry other items from the FRA safety kit list, and if there are any kit requirements specified on the day there will be random kit checks.
- Prizes: trophies for 1st man, 1st lady, 1st local man and lady (1st-claim Ilkley Harrier).
- Cancellation? In the event of severe weather or other circumstances forcing cancellation, this will be notified here, and local clubs will be advised.
- Junior races start from 10.30am, entry on the day only from 9.30am – more info on the junior page
- Since 2013 we have had to obtain SSSI consent from Natural England for the event to proceed: one of the conditions set by them is that a no smoking policy is introduced for spectators, event organisers and participants.
- Still got a question? See if it’s been answered on the FRA forums, ask it there, or email the RO Steve IMFR@ilkleyharriers.org.uk